September 21, 2015

September 21, 2015

Do you remember! The 21st night of September? I love that song! Anyways how is everyone hope all is well! This week has been bipolar with the weather! One day it was so hot I thought we were going to die...the next day it was so cold I had to put on a sweater...goodness I can't keep up with it! I love predictable dry hot Arizona weather :) 

This week was great! We saw soooooo many miracles! So these past couple of weeks we have been doing a bunch of publicity for our English Course. So this week school started and we got a bunch of new students who are first are all gung-ho about learning English and even better about learning about our church! We got 2 new investigators from it! And we are hoping to get more! It's fantastic! I love English Course! It's our biggest finding tool in the mission! 
 
Another miracle was we planned to go stop by this members house. So we called and asked! Then he was like Sorelle there is a woman that wants to come to church come over right now and we will go meet her! Luckily he lives like right by us! So we headed over, it was a woman that lived right above him. She was so kind and actually ended coming to church with us this Sunday and loved it! So another new investigator! 

We were so blessed this week and we are starting to see so many blessings in the work! It's been a ruff month with very little work so it's so amazing to start to see some change! Woot woot! 

Also our other investigator is killing it! He is reading like a maniac! And is finally coming to church and getting to know the members better! 

Also we had an exchange this week I was with Sorella Decker again! We have literally spent out entire mission together! Gosh I love her! But it's sad because transfer calls are Saturday and we both might be leaving...so we will see! But it was a great exchange! It's kind of cool to see how far we've come and reminisce and all that jazz! 

Have I ever talked about how much I love Bari!? I never want to leave! I love it sooooooooooooooo much! Too much actually! Puglia is the best! We've got panzarotti! We've got focaccia! We've got cornetti! It's the best! Also the ward  here is phenomenal! Sorry enough bragging...

Anyways this week was a good week! Yeah it was real hot and we have to walk for miles and miles every day but it's so worth it. There is something I read in my studies it's a quote from C.S. Lewis from Mere Christianity

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of--throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace” 

I love that because as a missionary sometimes I feel God is doing exactly that. Sometimes I feel like a rag doll being tossed around but I know that He is shaping me into the kind of person and missionary I need to be. Because he knows better. It's exactly that. He knows better than we ever will. He is so in control and when we let him and we accept his will we grow and progress! That's why we are here on the earth! To learn! And I feel like I've learned a lot! But man do I have a lot to learn still! And I'm excited to do so! I love it here, time is flying and it's slightly terrifying but I'm trying not to think about that! Family and friends I love you all and hope everyone has a great week! 

Love Sorella Barazoto 

P.s. Didn't edit this hope it makes sense! Ha!
Me, Gianmarco, Sorella Dew, Valeria(a young woman in the other ward,) 

Selfie with Sorella Decker! Could be the last one :( 

Saying goodbye to the car....they took it to Germany! 

Check out that bread! 

Gotta love Italy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment